Dates & Pricing:
Registration Now Open!
Click the trip you would like to sign up for below to access the registration form.
“Please note that only the non-refundable deposit of $400 is due upon registration. Future payments are broken into monthly withdrawals and airfare is not due until March. Flights sold separately. Average costs are between $850-$950 (depending on what city you fly out of) We will email you flight information upon registration.”
January 4-10 College Jamaica Trip (6 person minimum) Send an email for details firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-403-2279.
College and Family Trips: Send an email for details email@example.com or 414-403-2279.
WE ARE SWITCHING OUR PAYMENT SYSTEM SO NO WITHDRAWAL WILL HAPPEN IMMEDIATELY
Minimum Fundraising Commitment:
High School Trips: $1800, including $400 non-refundable deposit
Corporate/Adult Trips: $2000, including $400 non-refundable deposit
*Many corporations offer matching programs. Please check if yours does.
FUNDRAISING: The easiest way to lower the cost of your trip is to ask friends and family to support your noble cause. Your request for support need not be to pay for your transportation and lodging, rather a contribution to the volunteer work that assists the poorest of the poor in Jamaica. Learn more at https://pivotaldirections.org/fundraising/
Pivotal Directions offers cultural immersive adventures in service and servant leadership.
Our volunteers travel to Kingston, Jamaica to serve the most marginalized in homes for abused and neglected children, a landfill community, and area orphanages for the physically and cognitively challenged. Each day our student servant leaders engage in various activities that are needed in schools, neighborhoods, and orphanages. Our philosophy is that we create the space to have unique experiences that provide significant opportunities for perspective. That perspective opens the doors to be inspired. Inspiration creates passion, and passion leads to the reflecting upon our purpose in life. Everything starts with the dignity and respect of others. We start there and grow everything else upon that foundation.
Day 1 Travel Day
Arrive in Kingston. Settle into lodging at Immaculate Conception Convent, located on an all girls secure, private high school campus.
Day 2 – 5
Small volunteer work teams break off into different projects.
• Riverton City Landfill Community. Mentoring at Riverton Early Childhood Development Center or Bailey’s School, Optional cooking class. Meal distribution to elderly shut-ins. Building projects. Home visits. Street recreation.
• Food for the Poor homes for abused and neglected children – arts, tutoring and recreation
• Missionaries of the Poor Orphanage for physically and or cognitively challenged children and adults- feeding, changing clothes/diapers, communicating/caring.
• Community dance festival & Light up the Night peace ceremony sending Chinese wish lanterns into the evening sky with the children of Riverton.
• Each day small groups have responsibilities for breakfast/lunch prep, cleaning, project prep, and team presentation to the large group.
*Evenings: small/large group debrief, discussion, journaling/reflection, team-building, servant leadership training and speakers. Volunteers will learn how to translate the week’s experiences into their daily lives back home in order to be more aware and compassionate community lerader.
Day 6 – Waterfall Eco Hike
*Due to not everyone wanting to participate in the waterfall trip, this is an optional side trip in 2020. $50 fee paid in cash upon arrival. Those choosing not to join get an extra day of volunteer service.
Day 7 – Travel Day
Return home with a new perspective.