2019 Jamaican Service Adventures
Volunteer trips for all ages:
Medical Missions- Coming in 2019! (Healthcare professionals only)
Dates & Pricing:
Registration Now Open!
Click the trip you would like to sign up for below to access the registration form.
January 4-10 College Jamaica Trip (6 person minimum) Send an email for details email@example.com or 414-403-2279.
Adult Jamaica Trip Winter 2019 (Contact Jeff Wenzler at firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-403-2279 for more details.)
*Only deposit is due upon registration. Future payments toward the balance will be billed monthly. Flights sold separately and will not be due until March, 2019.
Pivotal Directions offers cultural immersive adventures in service and servant leadership.
Our volunteers travel to Kingston, Jamaica to serve the most marginalized in homes for abused and neglected children, a landfill community, and area orphanages for the physically and cognitively challenged. Each day our student servant leaders engage in various activities that are needed in schools, neighborhoods, and orphanages. Our philosophy is that we create the space to have unique experiences that provide significant opportunities for perspective. That perspective opens the doors to be inspired. Inspiration creates passion, and passion leads to the reflecting upon our purpose in life. Everything starts with the dignity and respect of others. We start there and grow everything else upon that foundation.
Day 1 Travel Day
Arrive in Kingston. Settle into lodging at Immaculate Conception Convent, located on an all girls secure, private high school campus.
Day 2 – 5
Small volunteer work teams break off into different projects.
• Riverton City Landfill Community. Mentoring at Riverton Early Childhood Development Center or Bailey’s School, Optional cooking class. Meal distribution to elderly shut-ins. Building projects. Home visits. Street recreation.
• Food for the Poor homes for abused and neglected children – arts, tutoring and recreation
• Missionaries of the Poor Orphanage for physically and or cognitively challenged children and adults- feeding, changing clothes/diapers, communicating/caring.
• Community dance festival & Light up the Night peace ceremony sending Chinese wish lanterns into the evening sky with the children of Riverton.
• Each day small groups have responsibilities for breakfast/lunch prep, cleaning, project prep, and team presentation to the large group.
*Evenings: small/large group debrief, discussion, journaling/reflection, team-building, servant leadership training and speakers. Volunteers will learn how to translate the week’s experiences into their daily lives back home in order to be more aware and compassionate community lerader.
Day 6 – Waterfall Eco Hike
Day 7 – Travel Day
Return home with a new perspective.